of 2

Parkourcraft The Reawakening.

13 replies
abario Admin
Votes:
+227
Level 6
LEVEL 6
I'm going to delve deep into every single one of your suggestions. Bear with me.

wrote:
Reset everything. Put the server on staff mode for a month or two and reset everything on it

I have suggested this to the staff team and various members seem to think it's a good idea. I think that resetting the entire server and doing some major changes would be beyond beneficial.

First and foremost, we need to rebrand the server. "ParkourCraft" implies "Parkour" only, and really doesn't encompass the server as a whole.

Secondly, we need to get rid of a few servers and possibly replace, specifically the ones that are hurting development and aren't gaining popularity in the grand scheme of Minecraft and its servers. Unfortunately, that means taking 1.8, and anything associated with it, out of the equation entirely. Factions and KitPvP have to go, and although we have spent a very long time on them, they just aren't popular anymore. Sticking to 1.12 and, eventually, 1.13, will be extremely beneficial in plugin development and server progression as we find a continuous need to appeal to new Minecraft players.

I know taking out 1.8 is a hard pill to swallow, but most people on Minecraft nowadays do not care about 1.8 PvP and care more about the Minecraft version they're implied to play on, which is usually the latest version. It makes 1.8 servers wildly unpopular, because most players who play on the newer versions are at a disadvantage against those who are using the proper versions, and ultimately, they quit. Those who use 1.8, then, have nobody to play with, and they quit as well. It doesn't make any sense to keep 1.8 servers if it does no fathomable good to player count or morale.

Third, finally, and latter-most, we need to think about reshaping our servers and possibly changing old servers into new, more updated, and more appealing servers. Guns, for example, will not work as it used to work without 1.8 PvP, and with 1.8's departure being established, we need to use other plugins and/or methods to bring a similar experience but updated for Minecraft users. There are definitely plugins out there to substitute in for Crackshot, but we don't have a final plan as of yet.

wrote:
My second suggestion is to demote all inactive staff and find new active staff with good ideas that they can help implement.

Being staff is much more than having an idealistic standpoint on hot button issues. It's caring for the community and helping the community, and if we shut down the server, the focus would be highly induced upon our development, and "ideas" are only 10% of that entire process. We need developers and builders, not just community members who make an impact. There's a lot of heightened expectation for new staff, and that's that.

As far as demoting inactive staff, I think that can be arranged.

wrote:
The third suggestion is to make the server semi-competitive therefore making more perks and additions on mostly factions and skyblock that you can give out to the people on top of /is top and /f top.

This screams "minigames" to me, and if that is what you were implying, I am fully on board. If you were implying servers similar to Factions and Skyblock (kind of like a SurvivalSMP), I am also fully on board.

wrote:
paying some people to help advertise and develop the server I know parkourcraft has stayed away from paying anybody over the years but I think getting some YouTubers to advertise and play the server would be very helpful

This is the most emphatic "no" I will be giving on this forum post. YouTubers want lots of money for advertising, and Minecraft is a dying sphere on YouTube. We would get nothing out of it but a loss of money.

Also, speaking of money, we don't have a lot of it. The server's owner and 3 most active admins are broke college kids. If we had the money, we'd be popular. We aren't, though, and if we're going to put money anywhere, we need to make sure that it will work for us guaranteed.

Also, I will be skipping the next section of your suggestions, mainly because one I've already addressed and another is simply a developmental issue that would be fixed during a "server maintenance blackout".

wrote:
One of my suggestions would be adding different ranks for factions and skyblock since they are the economy based servers but I feel some people would be mad about not having there original ranks on those servers.

We'll probably reshape ranks, but they would be universally for the server. Profit-wise and value-wise, it would make sense.

That reminds me. With the reshaping of ranks, we may or may not be able to reimburse people for old ranks. It would be great if we can, but we don't know exactly what we can and cant to, legally and physically, with that.

I hope this eases some confusion and helps others understand the plans for the future.
Posted Jan 6, 19 · Last edited Jan 7, 19 by abario
List
Undo
Votes:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
abar ur a legend is all im saying imo
Posted Jan 6, 19
Dislike
List
Undo
Firestar154 Moderator
Votes:
+85
Level 4
LEVEL 4
from reading two weeks worth of the latest posts on here I can now safely conclude that abar is superior to me when it comes to making essay threads, guaranteed
Posted Jan 31, 19
Shmeros Legend
Votes:
+361
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Let’s just be honest I personally think that pkc had its peak, I remember people
Used to complain about having ~100 players on the server because it used to max out at 200 at times but now everytime I check up on the server it had less than 5 players on. The server is at a complete stand still and all people play is parkour I’m not saying you shouldn’t try to revive the server but it’s definitely at the end of a road. Big servers used to get tens of thousands and now get a few thousands. Minecraft is dying severs are dying you might as well enjoy it as you can tbh and who knows maybe this new game Hypixel is making will be the new Minecraft but it could also fail like many games before it
MINECRAFT IS A GAME WHERE I CAN BUILD ANYTHING I CAN IMAGINE. THE ONLY THING I CAN'T BUILD IS WHAT I CAN'T IMAGINE...
Posted Jan 31, 19
List
Undo
Page
of 2

1645 Posts
Craves DelegateLegend
1567 Posts
_SkillzZ_ Legend
1310 Posts
YOLIT1 Admin
884 Posts